Monday, September 10, 2012

The Chrysalis Project - a Monument to 9/11

Something amazing happened to me on September 10, 2001.  I was fresh back from 3 days a fun and frolic about the most addictive software ever, Photoshop.  I had set in on all sorts of workshops on digital art, and how to use the gadzillion tools in the software to make beautiful images.  I found a folder of butterfly images that had come with some clip art I had purchased.  I spent the next 90 minutes making the most beautiful, round mandala out of the butterfly wings.  But then I had to make a hard decision - what to do with what I had created.  I had no way to take this from electronic to the "real" world and hang it on the wall.  Technically, at the time, it could be done but with a steep price tag.  I knew I was so fascinated with what I had created that it would bother me that it only existed as 1's and 0's.  But then that familiar voice of one of my guides spoke up and said "this is special, this is to be your tribute to what is to happen."  Save it, there will be 11 more.  Within 24 hours you will understand why you are creating a monument to peace."

To see the art work, please visit http://www.cafepress.com/artsyiryne to see the Chrysalis project, and that artwork that is a channeled monument to the idea that we all will break forth into enlightenment.

0 comments: